Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Home is:

A couple weeks ago I went home for Matty's homecoming from Brazil!
And I discovered how to Washington:

1. Trees. I mean, evergreens, duh. But also cherry blossoms.

2. Every good Washington experience requires an excursion with old friends. Even if that excursion is to McDonald's and Subway. Also, faces. My friends are totally normal, I swear.

3. My Washington experiences coming home the last three years are finding an empty refrigerator. Because my parents only eat salad and chicken. ...why. But this time my dad was on a green smoothie thing. So I'll drink to that.

4. Daffodils. Now, I know Utah has been tricking you into thinking that daffodils are its thing. BUT THEY'RE NOT. Daffodils are for Washington. Get in line, Utah.

5. Probably spend some time with your nephew. 
Favorite Dillan quote for the weekend: "Kehwee, when I grow up, I jump in puddles and get ice cream by myself." 
I mean, if those are your goals for adulthood, rock on, dude. 

6. Oh, flowers and stuff.

And that, my friends, is how you Washington.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this entry. And...I want/need that adorable pic of Dillan!

    ReplyDelete