Monday, April 28, 2014

weekend haps.


IT'S OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL. I now live at #classic204. Really it hasn't been that much of a transition since I was only ever at my apartment to sleep anyway. Still exciting all the same.


Things that have happened this weekend:
Friday:
  • 4 AM cleaning party! 
  • 7 AM move everything to 204 party!
  • Emotional breakdown number one of the weekend.
  • I spent way too much money and bought myself tickets to Paul McCartney for my birthday. I'm not even sorry about it. Bad for the bank account, good for the soul? That's probably my life motto.
  • New shoes!
  • Chinese takeout and The Office rewatch.
  • I finally played the game "2048." But only because this happened.
  • skype times.
  • Emotional breakdown number 2.
Saturday:
  • My first official #classic204 morning: Brittney's alarm is "Winnie the Pooh." It was far too early for me to be awake on a Saturday. There was a lot of singing. And brownies for breakfast. Which almost made up for the earliness.
  • The start of the back pain.
  • Adventures as Kylie's roommate: There is a lot of baby talk for which I apologize. We're wondering how long it will take us to want to kill each other. Also, my closet was already half-full just from clothes Ky gave me and clothes I had left over there. I hadn't even touched my suitcases. We also discovered we can sit inside our sinks!
  • ICE CREAM BREAK. I had been wanting ice cream from macey's for 3 weeks and everyone was sick of me whining about it. Not sorry.
  • Unpacking boooooo.

Sunday:

  • The back pain to end all back pain. I complained out loud that I never want to be pregnant because I'll be in constant pain. Kylie says from across the room, "..I think God will help you!" ...hashtag Sunday.
  • Of course, every time I don't want to go to Church it ends up being really good when I stick it out.
  • ...except for Michael P. Swindle the Third bringing my personal life into the Sunday school discussion. Swindle struggles.
  • Generally overwhelmed by responsibility at Church since Ali is gone and I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • Waffles for din din!
  • 3 hours of people sitting in the living room playing 2048, saying weeeeeeird things, and lyssie lou giving massages.
  • emotional breakdown number 3 from all the back pain in the world.
So... it was a rough weekend emotionally and physically for me. 
I really wish I were home for the summer and it's been hard to come to terms with the fact that I'm staying in Provo. I mean, I know I'm supposed to be here right now, but I just don't know why yet, and it doesn't change that I don't really want to be here. 
That being said, I love my apartment and I love my friends and I am so excited for all the fun things we're going to do this summer. I'm grateful that I've made such good friends this year that make my apartment feel like a home, because that makes it a lot easier to be away from mine all summer. So thank you to all my "schmoopsie poos" as Brittney would say.

Oh! 4 more sleeps until I roadtrip with Ky and Lyss to Arizona! Good things are on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment