Friday, July 11, 2014

You don't need an excuse to eat ice cream.

Happy July, y'all!
In case you didn't already know, July is national ice cream month. It's a thing, I promise.
And a couple weeks ago I just so happened to whimsically buy an ice cream maker.
Hey, remember how I'm supposed to be lactose intolerant? (YOLO, can't be tamed, etc.)
Maybe I'm going through a 2/7 life crisis, but I've been making a loooooot of ice cream. And I'm really only being patriotic and showing appreciation for this blessed month, right?

First up:
Now, I'm not going to brag about how good this ice cream is. But Kylie did say she was going to dream about it, so there's that. And because I'm so generous, I'm going to share the recipe with you.

*This recipe is for a 1.5 quart ice cream maker.


Ingredients:

2 cups heavy cream
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
2/3 cup sugar
8 oz. strawberry cream cheese
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
4 tbsp. butter
1-2 cups strawberries

Directions:

Ice Cream Base:

Using a whisk attachment, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. (You can use a stand mixer or a hand mixer.)Add condensed milk and sugar. Mix until combined.Add cream cheese and mix well until lumps are gone.Add vanilla and mix  until just combined.

Graham Cracker Crust:

In a separate bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Mix with a fork until combined.

Freeze according to ice cream maker's instructions. Once the ice cream has churned to desired consistency, fold in strawberries and graham cracker crust. You can either serve as soft-serve, or freeze for 1-2 hours to firm it up. I prefer my ice cream a little harder.
Final step: devour in one sitting.



No comments:

Post a Comment