Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Introductions

Blog, meet Arizona.

I know, I know, I should have introduced you 5 months ago when I first met AZ, but did you really expect anything else?

I have a lot more sunshiney goodness where these pictures came from, but for now I'll just leave it at some favorite snaps from my first journey there in February for the Gilbert temple open house.


My "roommates"+Matt+Mike+me road tripped down to Gilbert for Presidents' Day weekend.
Heads up: Sometimes 10-hour road trips turn into 13-hour road trips. 
But, it's bearable as long as you have shotgun, the entire Coldplay discography, and Matt in your car to say things like, "They should call the luggage things on top of cars 'nap centers.'" Dream on, Matt. DREAM ON.

Should you venture to Phoenix anytime soon, please go to LoLo's chicken and waffles.
They have Kool-Aid on tap and they play TLC.
Trust me, it's exactly as you're picturing it.

I know after the great longboard crash of 2012 I said I would never go longboarding again, but it was 85 degrees outside. IN FEBRUARY. I take it all back.
Shout out to this lake-rando.

Hi, yes, bonfires in the desert in February are cool. In case you had any doubts. Also, yeah this is where Tristan and I met, so I bet you feel so connected to me now, don't you?

Hellooooooooo, Citrus!
I couldn't get enough of the lemons and oranges and grapefruits people just had sprouting in their backyards. 
Some of it managed to make the trip home with us.

I've been back several times since February, so don't worry, many more oranges and cacti will make appearances around here real soon (ish).

Also, you can bet the trip was live-tweeted and instagrammed, so you can check that out at #204doesZona or #onecrAZyweekend. Although fair warning, I am not the only person in history to use the latter hashtag, if ya catch my drift. 

2 comments:

  1. I think there should be a like button on blogs. It'd make things easier for me. That way I don't have to tell you how much I like your blog and pictures every time you post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we just appreciate how crazy that weekend really was though? #onecrAZyweekend is right.

    ReplyDelete